Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Best and Worst Wednesday {Christmas edition}

Worst thing about this Christmas? It happened at the wrong time. I know it comes the same time each year, and I can't change that fact, but it was at the wrong time. With my Dad losing his job, the loss of my brother Levi, and my youngest four siblings having chicken pox, celebrating Christmas in the middle of it all just complicated things.

Best thing about this Christmas? Having Christmas in the middle of it all gave us a time to rest, most of the presents were handmade, the youngest four will be immune to chicken pox and we actually live close enough to visit family in Miss'ippi for Christmas. (In case you are wondering, Miss'ippi is how people with a real southern accent pronounce Mississippi.)

Best thing about living close to Miss'ippi? We can drive there in a day.

Worst thing about living close to Miss'ippi? It still takes 14-18 hours of driving, even though Google maps says it is 11.5 hours.

Worst thing about long drives? They take a long time and usually at least one person is very grumpy by the end of the trip.

Best thing about this long drive? Have you seen scenes in movies where the family is singing silly songs during a road trip? We don't normally do that, but as we got tired, rather than get grumpy Thomas and I got silly (extremely unusual for either of us) and started singing The Window by Trout Fishing in America. Soon we were trying to fit the words for The Bear in Tennis Shoes and Bill Grogan's Goat into The Window.

Worst thing about visiting relatives for Christmas?

Best thing about visiting relatives for Christmas? It is one of the few times we get to see them during the year.

Worst thing about making presents for my family? I wasn't able to finish them in time.

Best thing about making presents for my family? Since I couldn't finish them in time, my brothers will be able to help me finish making their presents (which just happen to need a lot of hands-on work).

Worst thing about writing this post? I am up at 11pm and extremely tired.

Best thing about writing this post? The fact that I am able to sit down and write it, even while traveling.

How do I do that? I wait until everyone else is asleep and snoring around me before even beginning.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I hope that the young ones get over chicken pox soon. I think that it is neat that you will get to finish you presents with your brothers.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete