Thursday, September 23, 2010

Jane and Her Lamb-A Poem

In the field I play with Jane,
Not a thought of worry or sting of pain,
Jane's blue eyes in her innocent face
Look at me with gentle grace.

When, at the smooth, strong fence
My dark yes would wistfully glance,
Jane's small, firm, leading hand
On my back would smartly land.

So in the pasture safe and free
Jane and I play happily,
Away from sin's dark dread sway
In the field I willingly stay.

Lauren Ashley

P.S. My Mom and I am taking Mrs. Morecraft's School of Elocution and Composition, a writing webinar offered through Vision Forum. We were asked to write a short piece about a picture of red-headed, blue-eyed Jane and her fuzzy black lamb. Mom and I both wrote poems, though Mom's poem is much longer and doesn't have an ending yet!

3 comments:

  1. I like poetry too Lauren. I actually opened another blog... but haven't the time to write on it at present. when I do I will let you know, and I will post a poem or two of my own.

    Lauren has an endearing heart
    with gold and silver thread
    That swirl about the sorrows borne
    The work of her trusted Head.

    Much Love,
    Mrs. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, the new blog is: http://saltydisciplinestwo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lauren!

    Thank you for all of your sweet comments on my blog:)

    As for your question on goat birthing, you can find lots of pictures and information of goat birthing on www.fiascofarm.com. It usually happens just fine, and over the years with practice, you will learn how to tell the signs to know almost exactly when they're going to kid...if you go over to Fiasco farm and study their diagrams there, you will have an idea of what to do if problems do occur! If something is very wrong, then don't hesitate to call the vet and they can either walk you through it or make a farm call.

    Happy kidding season and I can't wait to hear what your does have:)

    ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete